Friday, January 25, 2013

Special Day

Bay Bridge - January 25, 2013

So it happens that I now join the other side of life - senior citizenship.  I guess it is like passing through the Bay Bridge hicks town of El Dorado Hills to the modern and sophisticated city of San Francisco.  Right now I feel like I am on the bridge and excited to see the beautiful sky scrapers...and at the same time reflecting about the simplicity of the rural foothills where I just came from.  

Right now there is only gratitude and contentment in my heart.  God has been keeping me all these years - putting me in the right places and with the right people.  I know that He will hold me the same as I tread the next phase of this life - no doubt about that.

Well, Tim jokes about the fact that soon he will be able to go to restaurants with someone who gets discounts.  And I think I will soon change my shopping days to coincide with the days when the stores give discounts to senior citizens.  :)

So I spent this special day with my dear husband along with Brahms and Miriam.  Shannon may be away but she seems to be very close.  I got to talk to her earlier which is always a good thing.  The only regret that I have is that she was not able to share dinner with us - I know she loves falling-apart-pork ribs and very soft beef brisket (from Back Forty BBQ).  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Response