Tim reaches another milestone! God is good - good to my husband, good to me, good to my family - for every blessing that God gives him the whole family benefits in turn. Every birthday is a milestone - a reminder to recount the blessings of the past providing more courage and confidence to face the next one. The past reminds us of the grace of God that sustained us along the way.
His birthday this year was a full busy day. We started early with his requested breakfast - a tradition in our family to request your choice of meal for the whole day of your birthday. I posted the following summary on Facebook today.
1. After I greeted him happy birthday in the morning I asked how old he is. He said. Forty eight. I am not old. God is old!" So he pulled out an old CD and we listened to the song, "Old" by Paul Simon. What an appropriate song!
2. He spent three hours alone while I attended a class in art. I told him to reflect on his life but he said no. He went instead to discover new things that he wished he knew before. Also he bought some games he wanted to play with us.
3. Miriam said, "Daddy if you got one Pokemon every year you would have Rhydon by now! And that is cool!"
4. We hiked the beautiful Avery Pond Trail after a lunch date at the cozy Farmhaus. We talked about the relationship between getting old and the mind that drives mobility. We that as age, it is important to train our minds so that it will be
5. Had a fun dinner with two of our kids - the traditional dinner of course with a different dessert. Played Dominos and Mad Libs together including our Shannon through Skype. It was actually very fun! Thank God for technology!
6. And before the night was over, I whispered to him, "I like to think that when God formed you He had me in mind." :)
7. God is good!