Monday, February 8, 2016

Breakfast with Friends

Some things Sue found that reminded her of me.


Almost a month past my last birthday, and my friend Sue and I finally got around celebrating together. And even better because this time we brought our husbands with us.  Yes, Tim and Ueli went out with us to have breakfast at Early Toast.  We had a great time just catching up -  on life, work and children.  

Every birthday between Sue and I for more than ten years now, we made sure we did something together.  I can still remember one birthday of mine when we went to a nursery.  Sue saw that I was fascinated by the miniature succulents and she bought me three 2" pots of different varieties.  Those plants marked the beginning of a frenzy collection of succulents which subsided over time.  Today, I still have clones of the same succulents growing in my yard.  I also remember a year when I surprised her with a mystery party at my house where I invited several of her friends whom I have not met before. I had to enlist my whole family and some of her friends to make it happen the way it did!  Our children were much younger but they played key roles in the event. (Someday, I will look through my files and pull out some of the pictures.)  Who knows what we will do in the future.  

"Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."  ~ Khalil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Response