Monday, May 16, 2011

Nostalgia


Unaccustomed to being all alone all day, I was feeling depressed today.   I'm just spoiled having Tim work at home all the time.  One of my favorite things to do when I am alone is to eat comfort foods (my comfort foods are different from everyone else's comfort foods).  My two kids had pizza and I had - Paksiw na Pata.  I remembered that the last time I had Paksiw na Pata, I had it at the Intercontinental Hotel in Makati two years ago.  Then my mind visited memories that are related to the food I was eating.  Then the thought of my mother came to me because she made good Paksiw (she called it patatim).  I used to work away from home and came home only on weekends.  Mother would cook it for me during those weekends.  It is a very pleasant thought. 

But then I remembered the last time I saw her.  She was very ill (from cancer).  Tears came to my mind just thinking about her...

I decided to go outside and fetilize the lawn.  Then I did DDR.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Response