Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Lazy Day

I am enjoying a lazy day today.  I've been dealing with a severe sinus congestion during the last three days and now I have decided to rest.  All kids are in school and Tim is out in Santa Nella to meet my in-laws, George and Barbara, for lunch.   There are a lot of things sitting on the counters but I'm deliberately ignoring them.  Brandy, the dog, is here with me so I get to bring her out every once in a while.  I noticed that some of my plants need some water.

I've been thinking about our trip to UC Davis yesterday.  In less than two years, Shannon will be going to college, God willing.  Right now, I can only pray that she will get admitted to a school that will be good for all of us not just her (if there is such a place).  The dorm we toured was nice.  Two students share one room.  They are allowed to have refrigerators and microwave ovens.  Freshmen are required to buy their meal tickets. During later years they have the option to eat anywhere or live anywhere nearby.  Looking at the student housing on campus reminded me of my days in England at the Sibly Hall and Bridges Hall.  These were self-catering halls- meaning we cooked our own food.  Also, we had a cleaner every week, she changed our sheets every other week and scrubbed our pots and pans too.  I had the room to myself, which was very good.  On the other hand, it is also good to have a room mate. 

May God help my daughter as she prepares to go to college and away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Response