Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lexy River Lewis: She was Loved

She was a delightful bunny.

Sunday, September 7, 2013 was a sad day for us - It was the day Lexi died.   Having to see life slip away from something dear to the family was very painful.  But it helped that I was holding her in my arms like a baby when she took her last breath.  I can't imagine how much harder it would have been had we found her already dead.  

We lost our sweet cuddly and fluffy bunny.  Miriam was very upset.  For two days, she cried whenever she remembered her.  Even I was very sad and upset.  She was the only pet we had that we could actually pet.  She loved it when we'd run our fingers on her head and in between her ears.  We will really miss her.

Tim and Brahms dug a grave for her in the same area where we buried Casey and Bob.  The following day I planted some echeveria on top of her grave.  That place now qualify as a pet cemetery.



We loved Lexy.  And we thank God for the many happy moments that she brought to our home.  Some of her memories are written in my blogs for posterity:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Response