Saturday, August 17, 2019

Making Memories

The state of the union - 2019

People accuse of me always taking pictures.  That is something I can't deny.  It has been a habit of mine to keep photographs from events - whether significant milestones or the mundane everyday - in our journey as a family.  I enjoy taking pictures because they are visual memories of that split second.  With a photograph there is a greater chance that I can pretend to travel back and feel the same vibe that was there at the time. Sometimes when I look into an old picture, it can either uplift me to think that we once experiences such a delightful time in the past.  Sometimes it brings me a heavy load of nostalgic emotions of sadness - knowing that such time will never come again and that we can no longer go back to it.  It all depends on what my emotional state is a the time.   Sometimes old photographs inspire me to do things that I have long stop doing because of changes in our life. For example I used to love collecting different plants but because of difficulty in maintaining them either due to lack of time as my children's needs demanded more of my time or due to drought, I stopped adding to the already existing plants I had in my garden.  But now that my kids need me less and less than they did.  And although conserving water is now a part of our everyday life, drought in California is no longer a hindrance to gardening.  I could collect new plants again, with restraint.  And this I thought because, I see from time to time pictures of my old garden.  

His new hobby - taking close up pictures of wildflowers.

During our visit with Brahms, I brought my camera. I took pictures and also asked Brahms and Miriam to take pictures with it.  Here are some the ones we took of us during that fun time we spent with Brahms.  

One of few occasions when Tim is my background :)

They don't like posing for me.


Brahms holding the camera.

Brahms and I in Mckinleyville, CA


Miriam at the Fern Canyon 

It was windy in Trinidad


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Response